There are various political parties dominating UK and they are categorized as major parties or minor parties. To give you clearer inputs about these political parties, I will discuss them with you according to categories.
Major political parties
- Conservative – This is one of the dominant political parties in UK, which was founded in1834.
- Labour Party – This political party is led by Gordon Brown. It is also known as the Britain democratic socialist party.
- Liberal Democrats – It was founded in 1988 when the social and liberal party merged.
Minor political parties
- UK Independence Party (UKIP) – This political party claims to be the fourth political party of the United Kingdom.
- Green Party of England and Wales – This political party promotes social and environmental justice.
- British National Party – It is more of a splinter group of the National front.
- Respect Party – This is somewhat new because it was formed in January of 2004. It was formed in an effort to find alternative to the three above mentioned major political parties.