There are so many political parties in Great Britain, but only three dominated the most and these are the Liberal Democrats, Conservatives, and Labour. When it comes to electoral process, Britain is a two party state, but it is considered a multi-party state because of so many political parties participating in the election process.
What is the significance of political parties and how do they function?
The politicians need to respond to the needs and wants of the society; particularly the values and beliefs of the society. These are the following:
- To reform the electoral system and make the constitutional system more effective and order.
- There should be improvement in the public transport system.
- There should be a reform in the national health and education system
The interest of political parties
- The political parties are calling for the better protection of their members and demanding more equality to both men and women.
- The government should listen to the values and interest of the group provided there is enough political reason to do so.
- A political party should have a leader; who is good at public speaking, charismatic, and has leadership attributes.